Saturday, October 19, 2019

What We Talk About When We Talk About Wilderness

Iceberg viewpoint, Tracy Bar

Iceberg Viewpoint, Tracy Bar, Tracy Arm Ford's Terror Wilderness, Tongass National Forest.


It's October, and my summertime wilderness adventures are behind me. Now I sit with my photographs and journals and memories, and find what the wilderness has given to me, feel how the wilderness has changed me, and always for the better.

Several years ago, I had the great opportunity, as part of the Voices of the Wilderness Program, to accompany wilderness rangers in the Tracy Arm Ford's Terror Wilderness of the Tongass National Forest. 

Just this last year, my essay from that extraordinary trip was published in the fine journal, Minding Nature, the journal for the Center for Humans and Nature

I'm grateful it's also online, so you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment